Bad booster or prop valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianMCmoreno

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 12, 2017
So I had the problem of a brake pedal that went down low and a front caliper that was sticking. I replaced all of the front new brakes calipers rotors bearings and hoses, I go to start bleeding and I dont get any fluid to the back. Front was fine but still the pedal was soft so I go and replace the master and still the same so I get a used brake booster (bare with me I know I'm starting to throw parts at it) now the pedal doesnt come back up after pressing. And I'm just now reading up on the proportion valve. Any help or advice would be awesome oh it's a 1980 monte carlo

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
sounds like the proportional valve needs to be reset, there is a button on the front of the valve that needs to be pushed back in. Also when you changed the master did you bench bleed it? Too bad your first post wasn't before you changed the master, this forum can save you money and frustration and provide you with free popcorn.....:popcorn:

Reactions: 1 user

adrianMCmoreno

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 12, 2017
Damn how I love free popcorn to lol, i did not bench bleed the master cylinder I'm trying to take it of the booster but now its stuck on there FML:mad: like its seized with the pin of the booster I've put a screwdriver on each side and it won't budge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor