Barn find... Which G Body is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2019
Good morning,

Can anyone identify which G Body this is in this Kansas barn find? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 380

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
looks like a monte LS... somewhere around an 87

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
That euro nose means it is an 87 or 88. They only had that for two years. The tail lights also will be different. They will have a slight wrap around of about an inch on the side. The prior years only had the lens showing out the back.

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
The LS came out mid year in 86' so a lesser chance, but could be an 86' as well. And I'd agree, a 86-88 LS is what's in the picture.

Jan 4, 2019
Details on this Monte you found? The story?[/QUOTEf
I had mentioned to a few of my co workers that I was looking for a 78-81coupe and one now well versed in cars mentioned an old car that had been kept in a barn by an old mnan for the last 12 years and that a wind microburst destroyed the barn but didn't damage the car. He mentioned that it was an older two door car but wasn't sure what it was. We went on Google Earth and was able to get this shot of the car in small town outside of Wichita, KS. The old man who owns the car was actually cropped out of the photo as he sat in a chair in front of the car in the original photo snag. Supposedly it has been under this covered thingamajig for about a year now. Don't know any more than that.

Are we to assume you are in Kansas? What's your budget?
Yes, I live in Wichita, KS and depending on the condition of a G-Body Malibu I would be willing to spend as much as 10k...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor