Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I agree, stop paying stupid money for old cars. Of course the author is spending money on a 1985 Chrysler Lebaron, probably a 2.2 auto, makes a no option 4 door 3.8 V6 G body look like a gold mine and the best car in the world:). Unfortunately short of the GNX, no G body will ever bring big money. Remember in the late 80's/early 90's when 60's/early 70's cars took off in price, the performance models from that era were still mostly unmatched in the power department and 1/4 mile times. Now every stock G body except the GN/GNX will get schooled by a new Camry while getting half the mileage. They are much like the 70's models of most cars, their value is on the low side and may never be worth what we put in them.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
What kind of ghetto does the guy live in where $128K buys a house? Do the bullet holes, 2 hour commute to a job that pays $20/hour and/or wheels/tires come with that price?

Obviously written by somebody with no money or life experience who wants stuff other people want/have but doesn't want to pay for it.

The solution to his problems are pretty easy: Want stuff other people don't.

There's a A LOT of really good stuff out there NOBODY wants. Buy that and wait. When everyone else realizes your stuff is great, you'll be the one cashing in (and not whining about others cashing in).

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I agree completely. Read the comments at the bottom of the article; I usually find them entertaining, not necessarily these.
Pretty depressing comments.

• Agree

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Once I saw that aerocoupe sell for $100k I should have put mine up for sale. Charity or not :)

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 1 users

79longroof

Greasemonkey
Jan 6, 2018
I used to love watching those auctions just to learn the history of certain models and such. That Steve Magnante guy knows a ridiculous amount about car history.
But I agree, it's just a bunch of people with more money than sense that feel the need to pay too muc for a super rare car just to say they own one.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The comments section makes me pray for a plague. All generations need a great cleansing.

• Agree

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
What kind of ghetto does the guy live in where $128K buys a house?

The 4bd/3ba houses I want are listed for near that amount. The joys of living in AL/GA.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor