Basement treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
its about ten at night and i was searching thru my basement out of boredom and i found a wealth of parts for my cutlass. a steering wheel, four quarts of oil, a new battery cable among other parts i found a pair of 80's GM radio knobs!! lols

I was doing the same the other day and I found my TI99/4A from when I was a teenager!

lol i just looked at that thing on google wtf was that? it was $525?

You kids have so much cool sh*t today that you wouldn’t be impressed by anything... But in the early 80’s, there was Atari 2600, Nintendo, Vextrex, Commodore, TI99/4A and many other game machines. It was such a cool time -- The 80’s were the precursor to the X-files! 🙂 I’d love to go back and do it all over again!!! I spent many hours playing Ti invaders, parsec and many other cool computer games. Also wrote some of my own games on the commodore that we had. My first PC was an IBM XT (with 10 MB hard drive)! It was cool to be part of the middle class back then – life was great. Too bad the middle class is almost gone now…

I should note that we upgraded the FULL height 10MB hard drive to a seagate ST-225 that was 20 MB!!!!!!!!!!! Those were the days! Lets compare that to a 128 GB flash drive of today! Holly sh*t!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Growing up middle class in the 80s was great to say the least. I remember our IBM XT well, pre windows days (DOS?). I can't believe that thing cost 2 or 3K back in 1981!!!

I guess thats why we love the gbodies so much--another product of that era.

lol im only 18 but i love the products of the 80's things were made with quality back then. my friend wrecked her 97 cavalier and styrofoam came out the bumper STYROFOAM :wtf:

all this tech sounds expensive

pimplogic said:
lol im only 18 but i love the products of the 80's things were made with quality back then. my friend wrecked her 97 cavalier and styrofoam came out the bumper STYROFOAM :wtf:
You are right about the quality. My father bought a VCR or VHS whatever it was called back in 1979 and that thing lasted 15 years with no problem. I remember that even had a remote with a cord it was so old!

I'd like to see an piece of electronic equipment today last that long. These days, even if something doesn't break in 3 years, if definately becomes obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor