Basement treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
man i just bought my ipod last october and its broken already and apple wont fix it. :puke:

pimplogic said:
man i just bought my ipod last october and its broken already and apple wont fix it. :puke:

Well, then you will need to fix it yourself! Most iPod issues are not hard to fix if you have a few simple tools. I have bought a few iPods off E-Bay that were broken so that I could try to fix them.How much did I pay? $3.25 each for two iPod Nanos. One needed a screen ($10) and one needed a connection soldered. I figured it out from there and now have two working 4gb iPods for under $25. I found a few take apart guides on line and figured it out from there. You need a few tools, like a spudger or two, razor blades and maybe some really small screwdrivers, but other than that it should be easy. Parts for common issues are easy to find on E-Bay and usually cost less than $20 with shipping. BTW, which one do you have and what is wrong with it?

Try this site for some how to's: http://www.ifixit.com/Parts-Store?u...term=ifixit.&gclid=CMqNq_uJup8CFRVinAod0GKz1A

we had the atari 800 . anyone remeber the cassete deck data recorders? we had games on one. it would take 30 minutes to put up a game. this was before the floppy. my dad had a calculator they only did basics and you had to plug it into the wall. analog screen was nuts. i have looked at there house for it a few years ago and no luck

I am only 25 and I remember my Atari, the only games I remember playing on it were Frogger and PitFall. We also had this laptop like thing that you would write computer programs on, like games or equations, and then you could play them (very simple programming of course) I also remember my dad and his band recording music in our living room with this "state of the art" cassette recorder

I had a TRS-80 Model I with 4K RAM. It had a 250 baud cassette tape for loading programs. Video was black and white with graphics resolution was 128x48. It was a great machine.

i have the ipod touch and it cut itself off and wont turn on

pimplogic said:
i have the ipod touch and it cut itself off and wont turn on
I think there is a way to reset those . . . maybe hold down the power button for 10 seconds or something . . . I can't remember but mine did the same thing

last july, one of my dad's friends gave us 7 of his old games syetems (computer hippie who worked for IBM in the 60s and 70s. this guy is funy as hell)

1. turbo grafx
2. turbo grafx express
3. Nintendo NES
4. two Super Nintendos
5. Sega Nomad
6. Atari Lynx

i love these old games, especially super mario 3

I've got an atari2600 hooked up to my tv right now. I play it from time to time.
I've had a few ps2's over the years, sold the last one for $ towards my cutlass. I don't regret it because the atario 2600 is just as fun! Pole position, moon patrol, atroids... Can't beat those.
Now I've got an xbox a friend of mine gave to me, and I still play the atari more than the xbox.

Also, we have an old texas instruments computer, but haven't used it since my aunt got a computer with windows 95... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor