Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have basset DOT legal wheels on their g body? I want to put a set with new tires on my monte carlo. Does anyone know the largest size i can use without causing rubbing and interference with the suspension? These are the kind i'm talking about in the 15" size.

700x500-pO84gHQ5akB32zPx9949.jpg

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
15x8 is probably your only option, I had Inertia style wheels on my car for a while. "4 offs" with a spacer to dial in back space.

YOU NEED RACING LUG NUTS IF YOU HAVE RACING WHEELS

Street wheels use 60 degree seat lugs, racing wheels use 45 degree. Allstar has them for just about any stud size.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the other thing about those wheels is you cannot balance them using the hub. You need to have a bolt adapter plate to balance them

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
There is still nothing to center it to on the wheel the hole is not perfectly round nor perfectly centered.

• Agree

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Hard to say what back space would work. Personally I would get the 3 and dial it in with spacers.

Another thing to watch out for, depending on stud size, the taper of the lug nut might bottom out against the wheel flange of the axle before it seats against the wheel. Those wheels are made for 5/8ths studs so its a possibility.

They look great, theyre cheap, and people use them, just dont do it blindly and double check fitment and you will be golden

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor