Battery Retainer & Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
all i got is a bungee cord holding mine down :rofl:

A bungee cord – that works but I’m too anal for that. 🙂

Is that an inferno behind you in that pic?

That big Bosch I found in the trunk of my wife's Cobalt, no hold down, no venting, just bouncing around. YIKES! There is supposed to be an overboard vent for the specific sealed AC Delco battery but the previous owner dumped that brand new Bosch in there. I yanked that and installed the correct series Odyssy gel cell model-no fumes and it is clamped down solid. So that big sucker I put in the Bonnewagon, but it literally is jammed in there. My old Malibu had that GM plastic clamp that grabs the lip on the bottom of the battery case and fits all sizes, but that only works with the metal tray that rusts out. So for me it was the hokey Walmart clamp, but it works.

I just have that thing that hooked into the groove at the bottom of the battery. Before that I also had the bungi cord.

I decided to purchase the "OE" battery bracket from gbody parts dot com. I installed it tonight and it fits like a glove! I like it!

Although, I'm still trying to figure out what I did with the original one. Thank god for the guys over at g-body parts dot com!

foxtrot_lima_bravo said:
Although, I'm still trying to figure out what I did with the original one.

Well, now that you bought and installed a new one, the old one should turn up any day now! :lol:

I have so many boxes of old car parts, so you never know. So much so that I was up in the attic tonight and I found a complete GN trim set!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor