Battery to starter cable routing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Anyone have a pic or can describe how you ran battery cable to starter with battery in trunk and headers ???
Just not finding a decent way to run it

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Start at post #83. Most of my text pertains to the brake lines but the bright red battery cable is visible all along the driver’s frame rail. It’s on the driver’s side because 455 Oldsmobile, Olds starters are on that side.

Should give you some ideas anyways.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana

Start at post #83. Most of my text pertains to the brake lines but the bright red battery cable is visible all along the driver’s frame rail. It’s on the driver’s side because 455 Oldsmobile, Olds starters are on that side.

Should give you some ideas anyways.
Thanks. Heading there now

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Donovan... how could I forget that thread. I spent hours drooling over your artistry

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Donovan... how could I forget that thread. I spent hours drooling over your artistry

Hahaha thanks.
It’s been inactive for longer than I care to admit, but that should be changing here in within the next 8-10 months. I’m REALLY looking forward to getting back to it.
Hopefully the pics were helpful in the idea department.

Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Tony, give me a few and I'll get you a pic of mine. The cable runs down the pass side, then through the frame and exits under the header and loops back to the starter.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Hard to get a decent pic, but here are a couple. Cable exits frame and loops...
20190928_233850.jpg
20190928_233920.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Tony, give me a few and I'll get you a pic of mine. The cable runs down the pass side, then through the frame and exits under the header and loops back to the starter.
I'll have to look at the holes in the frame up there. Thanks for the pictures. Now I think I can figure it out.
Btw I have about 25 feet of that lava header wrap I was thinking about using around the cable for heat and chaffing resistance
Sound ok to you guys?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'll have to look at the holes in the frame up there. Thanks for the pictures. Now I think I can figure it out.
Btw I have about 25 feet of that lava header wrap I was thinking about using around the cable for heat and chaffing resistance
Sound ok to you guys?
It'll work just fine. I just have some DEI heat wrap over this one and only from where it exits the frame to the starter. It's been like this for years and with the old engine setup too, never had a problem.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor