BBC Electric water pump... How to get coolant to the heater core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
As the title states. I'm assuming I can pull coolant from the intake, but where should I return it? There is no port on the rad, and returning to the intake seems like asking for an air lock.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
What is your reason for running an electric water pump?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Pull it off the intake to supply the heater core and crap it out to the water tank of the radiator on the side that supplies the engine or if there's a fitting, put it on the suction of the water pump. Anything else on the pressure side of the water pump would be a waste of time IMO because it will be at pretty much the same pressure anywhere on that intake. Which = no flow through the heater core. Maybe by convection, but that'd be about it. May not turn over the hot water fast enough to keep it from cooling off.

I agree....a race car with a heater??? That's seemingly dumb, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor