BBO 496ci serpentine convertion W/ dyno sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
The BBO with good valve covers, Torker, Holley, and headers has beautiful architecture. All Olds engines for that matter. It’s a shame to hide it, but a necessity in some cases I guess.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I also really like the Olds V8's look and the sound is awesome as well. The 4.3 V6, like most Olds replacement pumps is a crappy stamped open impeller.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
The BBO with good valve covers, Torker, Holley, and headers has beautiful architecture. All Olds engines for that matter. It’s a shame to hide it, but a necessity in some cases I guess.
What's he hiding?? The benefits far outweigh the "shame". More reliable, less slip, less noise, automatic adjustment, parts availability.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
On an engine that will see 100,000 miles I kind of agree. But not really.
Less noise on a 600hp NA engine? Funny.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
On an engine that will see 100,000 miles I kind of agree. But not really.
Less noise on a 600hp NA engine? Funny.
I'm pretty sure Larry is running manifolds with factory exhaust🤣. Good point. Unfortunately, most people who try and buy the billet V belt pulleys, end up with misaligned parts and frustration. Just like trying to mismatch factory pulleys and brackets. I tried that and bought cars, when someone mismatched pulleys and water pumps with the brackets on the car. There is ways around it, like washers behind brackets. Olds was one of GM's first serpentine belt drives. Too bad they didn't slightly modify them in 85 when they did the other "improvements" on the 307 that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor