BBO 496ci serpentine convertion W/ dyno sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Does your kit allow the AC pump to still be installed? I assume the AC bracket sits on the passenger side head bracket.

Nice setup!

Extreme Supreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2010
Monroe, Michigan 48161
Does your kit allow the AC pump to still be installed? I assume the AC bracket sits on the passenger side head bracket.

Nice setup!
Thanks!
Yes. There will be more clearance on a SBO because the deck height is shorter. IIRC the only issues I've heard of is BBO with the TALL Mondello script vavle covers needed a different AC connection to the back of the AC compressor and custom AC lines.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
BTR asked me if I wanted to change the vavle springs every year. I said no. It's not really that big of a roller cam.
If you find them I’d like to see them

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Great numbers! Your serpentine brackets work great, I have them on my 88 Cutlass, like them a lot.

Reactions: 4 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
So what water pump and crank pulley are you running
And stock water pump is ok to run I know some serpentine belt setups you have to run a different pump that spins in the correct direction

Reactions: 1 user

Extreme Supreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2010
Monroe, Michigan 48161
So what water pump and crank pulley are you running
Water pump application is 1982 Cutlass w/ 5.7 diesel. GMB makes this pump, but have the rotation labeled wrong.
The reverse rotation water pump has metric threads and matches the bolt pattern of the Chevy serpentine system's water pump.
Crank pulley is a Ford 1984-1993 Mustang Gt 6 rib
Part # E4ZE-6312-AA
Pulley Dia. 6.187 X 2.625 height
This pulley can be hard to find. March makes an Aluminum replacement MCH-2008. The bolt pattern will need to be machined to match the Olds pattern. The pilot hole is bigger in the Ford unit and will not center itself on the pilot of the Olds balancer.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor