Be careful what you say online.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Let's see a show of hands who is still running a smog pump. Or catalytic converters. Or a spark plug gap of .065 or bigger. Hell, a good portion of street cars here probably aren't even running vacuum advance.
I'm actually one who bothered to have cats on my car & set things up to retrofit if needed emission parts to at a minimal be able to deal with a visual inspection as per Pa inspections for non emission testing counties. I put on dual cats with the Pypes kit, exhaust manifolds that can have AIR tubes, smog pump that is functional, an intake with EGR port, TVS's on hand to make things somewhat/look like it's all fuctional. Don't have a OE type closed air cleaner but using a repop open element one with the vent tube. I even have some CARB OK'ed parts that don't really makes a difference in Pa. My set up is simple to cover my arse for that just in case if it happens. Now if I would get a classic or antique registration I won't need to worry as those are exempt.

Reactions: 1 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I'm actually one who bothered to have cats on my car & set things up to retrofit if needed emission parts to at a minimal be able to deal with a visual inspection as per Pa inspections for non emission testing counties. I put on dual cats with the Pypes kit, exhaust manifolds that can have AIR tubes, smog pump that is functional, an intake with EGR port, TVS's on hand to make things somewhat/look like it's all fuctional. Don't have a OE type closed air cleaner but using a repop open element one with the vent tube. I even have some CARB OK'ed parts that don't really makes a difference in Pa. My set up is simple to cover my arse for that just in case if it happens. Now if I would get a classic or antique registration I won't need to worry as those are exempt.

Yeah, I put it at 80% because I knew there were a few crazy resto-types here.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I'm running dual CATs, PCV & EGR Valve, Particulate Filter, breather tube to the air cleaner and dungs for O2 sensors when I go EFI. The Carb is CARB Certified. I live in TX in a Safety inspection only county. I have everything in a box to make it 100% Federal legal again. But..........it's a 350 crate motor so that alone will flunk it.

Attachments

• Catalytic Convertor  (1).jpg
    Catalytic Convertor (1).jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
And this guy's an idiot for owning and driving a DPF deleted truck? Come the Truck on.
Apparently HE thought so, else why was he selling? Said he didn't know it was deleted when he bought it, so turns around and tries to sell it.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor