Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
small diameter inner tube
That is a new one but it sounds like a winner. I do have trailer tire tubes. But I went to the shop and wowsers what an ordeal getting these mounted. My friend Greg showed me how to beat the lower bead down onto the rim with a big tire spoon. Then we carefully both lifted the upper part up onto the rim. The tire machine inflator function has a secondary big WHOOSH feature and we needed that to get them on. The last one defied even that. Then he brought out the air blaster. At first it did not work so then we tried having two guys lifting the tire up while the third guy used the blaster. YIKES!!! That thing is second only to the carb cleaner explosion method without the flames. My ears were ringing and I felt a hammer blow go past my head. it goes off like a hand grenade. Then I balanced them all and stored them in my shed for Winter. Thanks to all who responded- lots of good ideas.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor