Bearing Part number(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Larkin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2018
Looking for some help. I am having a hard time finding the part number for Timken bearings and seals for a 86' 442 rear, both axle bearings. (8.5") I do not need the repair bearing / seal. I don't want junk bearing part numbers, please, Timken or equivalent. It seems most part catalogs are only offering the 7.5 rear, not the 8.5 I have.

Jim Larkin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2018
Axle bearings, have pinion

Jim Larkin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2018
Ok got them. Thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm late for the party but I think you will find the axle bearings for the 26 spline is the same as the 28 spline

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Jim Larkin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2018
I am a bit anal on some of the parts I use, due to many years of experience. That being the case, the part numbers are all Timken, but the numbers cross reference across most brands. The part numbers are for the 28 spline axles, and are for the 8.5" rear. Not sure if the numbers interchange to the 7.5" rear of 26 spline axles. Axle (wheel) bearings are 5707, axle seals are 8660s, and the pinion seal is 2043.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor