Bed trim removal Elcamino ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Getting close to painting my Elcamino an need to remove trim from the box. I've googled it, bought manual, check here in bidy/trim post, not a thing ! So how do you remove the chrome trim that's on top of the box on a 78 Elcamino ? Thanx !

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
The front two pieces and the long sides are held on with plastic clips, the rear corners are held on with 2 screws and the tailgate trim is held on with clips and a screw on either end on the inside of the bed.

Reactions: 1 users

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
I don't see any screws on the corner pieces or the tailgate. I know the older Elcaminos are held on like that, an l figured this one would be too but no dice. I even had other people look for the screws but nothing.
As long as its clips l ain't worry about breaking them an replacing the clip, just don't want to have to replace the chrome.
But Thanx !

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Here's a pic of the rear corner trim...

this pic is of the one hidden under the long side trim..

vH3dQ4.jpg

this pic is the one that is on the backside corner and should be visible..from inside the box..

KbcJxk.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I thought I'd post a pic as alot of times people don't realize that there is the one hidden under the longer side trim and they end up breaking that tab off. Didn't want it to happen to you.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor