Been on here for a while

Feb 27, 2022
Minnesota
I'm kind of a guy with few words and that's why I don't jump in much. Plus I don't post pictures.
I would like to ask you guys, will a 1978 Malibu door work on a 1987 El Camino. My '87 is in pretty nice shape, but I found a bad rust spot at the lower front of the passenger door when I got it out for the summer. Some how it looks like water sat in there. Please help me out here, thanks much. Jim...

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Need to change the glass. If there's a mirror on the it, the mounting location & style are different. '78-'85 doors mount the mirrors farther back than what the '86 & '87 doors do.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
The bottom of these doors are a common area for water to accumulate and, therefore, form rust. If you check closely the problem my extent farther along the bottom because this is where the outer door skin and inner door structure come together. Depending on how extensive the rust damage is, it may be easier to fix the rust vice replacing the door.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor