Status
Not open for further replies.

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Is there any issues not having bump stops on these arms? I am worried that an arm like that would come in contact with my frame. Thanks

They could lay on the frame if the car is sitting on jack stands. During even spirited driving they do not. Remember you will now have an effective spindle height 1.5" taller and the upper arm will longer drop down, it will be horizontal. Most of the time the shock will be your travel limiter. If you are drag racing and have that concern, a simple travel limiter will do just fine. Can even make your own on the cheap. The do sell kits for that if needed. The coil over pic is from Street Outlaws Kamikaze and the other just a normal drag car. Again , these guys are drag racing with the wheels at full droop. If their shocks were at the correct length, this measure would not be an issue. Most modern cars do not even have an external bump stop.

Attachments

• 20171207_152806.jpg
    20171207_152806.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 580
  • IMG9507501.jpg
    IMG9507501.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 354
Reactions: 1 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
When I was looking to upgrade my front suspension for better handling I called the vendor of my choice and took their recommendation.
The combination of taller upper and lower ball joints,matching tubular adjustable upper A Arms and using the recommended alignment specs made a huge difference in the handling dept.
If you're serious about improving the handling of your G Body,I recommend that you take the path that I did.
Guy

Reactions: 1 users

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
They could lay on the frame if the car is sitting on jack stands. During even spirited driving they do not. Remember you will now have an effective spindle height 1.5" taller and the upper arm will longer drop down, it will be horizontal. Most of the time the shock will be your travel limiter. If you are drag racing and have that concern, a simple travel limiter will do just fine. Can even make your own on the cheap. The do sell kits for that if needed. The coil over pic is from Street Outlaws Kamikaze and the other just a normal drag car. Again , these guys are drag racing with the wheels at full droop. If their shocks were at the correct length, this measure would not be an issue. Most modern cars do not even have an external bump stop.

Good info, thank you!

Reactions: 1 user

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
250# springs on the front of Kamikaze's Elco......with all that engine and ancillaries in there is a surprise. Are those BMR bottom arms he's using?

Also interesting balljoint boots on the the other car....

Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
I gotta do some new front suspension before too much longer & have ridetech shockwaves from a few years back for stock style lower control arms. I believe the ridetech upper & lower arms with all parts were like $1200 last I looked..
I'm assuming with these parts here I could just put new bushings in old stock lower arms & have a similar ride improvement for a little cheaper?
Little secret to make everyone badly cringe, I still have original front control arm bushings, or what's left of em.:poop: I KNOW.

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
250# springs on the front of Kamikaze's Elco......with all that engine and ancillaries in there is a surprise. Are those BMR bottom arms he's using?

Also interesting balljoint boots on the the other car....

Mustang 2 hybrid arms on Kamikaze, and 250 is about right on a drag car with a BBC.
Not sure what the deal is with all the boots on the other. We don't even use dust boots on race cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G-Body Performance Upgrades

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

ContactAdmin@GBodyForum.comfor info on becoming a sponsor