Bench seat seat belt replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubb79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 12, 2018
I was about to buy a new set of bench seat seat belts for my 79 malibu and was trying to find out if all gbody bench seat belts are the same because on some sights it says for its jus for a 82 to 88 malibu and the others say 78 to 83 malibu. Any help would be appreciated thanks

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I was about to buy a new set of bench seat seat belts for my 79 malibu and was trying to find out if all gbody bench seat belts are the same because on some sights it says for its jus for a 82 to 88 malibu and the others say 78 to 83 malibu. Any help would be appreciated thanks

As far as I know there are two different style latches. Ive seen both types in different cars but I dont really know what years they changed.

Some have this style.
IMG_0201.jpg

Some have all metal like this. Im pretty sure you cant mix them.

IMG_0203.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The seat belt sets for any year will work as long as it's all a matched set to ensure they will lock to be safe. The big difference will be being for a coupe, pick up, or sedan/wagon as each have a body type specific set up for the shoulder belts. Then there is the sets for a full or split bench. As for what I've come across with buckles, there are the standard all metal, early metal/plastic deluxe, then the later plastic. My '81 originally had the metal/plastic buckle but I got a set of later plastic buckle out of a '86 to replace the originals.

Reactions: 1 user

Hubb79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 12, 2018
Ok thanks appreciate it, because i went on seat belts plus website and it had me confused because i have a 79 malibu and this was the ad they had for them. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-25-00-32-19.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-25-00-32-19.png
    183.2 KB · Views: 177
Jun 4, 2020
I bought a set of bench seat belts from Eckler's and had to drill the anchor holes on the female buckles on my '80 El Camino from 1/2" to 9/16".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor