bench seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
hey guys i have a FULL bench seat in my 84 Monte Carlo and the seat track is stuck, i need help finding new seat tracks for it. i want to keep the bench seat please help! thanks!

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
I'm sure one thread is enough. They all show up on the main page, no sense in flooding our site with duplicate posts...

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
dlo253 said:
I'm sure one thread is enough. They all show up on the main page, no sense in flooding our site with duplicate posts...
theres 2 threads...chill. i need help with it so if u cant help me out then dont post anything

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Yeah, there's 2. And the both shop up on the main page. I'm sure there are plenty of other people that don't like seeing multiple threads that are exactly the same. And for all you know, maybe I was planning on giving you some advice. No need to be rude..

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
dlo253 said:
Yeah, there's 2. And the both shop up on the main page. I'm sure there are plenty of other people that don't like seeing multiple threads that are exactly the same. And for all you know, maybe I was planning on giving you some advice. No need to be rude..
i figured that if u had any advice you would have said it my bad

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
dlo253 said:

X2

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I don't see the other two threads about this? And in my 2-3 years I don't remember ever coming across one.

How is it stuck? Is it the linkage for the release, or the track itself? If it's the track, did you try spraying some WD-40 on it? If you are planning on replacing it anyway, just remove it from the car. Then hose it down with WD-40 and let it sit over night. If that works and it will slide again. Then grease it (I don't know what is used for that, you would have to look it up) and put it back in.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Phoenyx said:
I don't see the other two threads about this? And in my 2-3 years I don't remember ever coming across one.

How is it stuck? Is it the linkage for the release, or the track itself? If it's the track, did you try spraying some WD-40 on it? If you are planning on replacing it anyway, just remove it from the car. Then hose it down with WD-40 and let it sit over night. If that works and it will slide again. Then grease it (I don't know what is used for that, you would have to look it up) and put it back in.

Lol ya, posted the same one at the same time, just a different section. I believe he said its because its rusted.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
Phoenyx said:

when I pull the lever I guess u would call it "teeth" and they don't come out of the holes in the track

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
dlo253 said:
Phoenyx said:

Lol ya, posted the same one at the same time, just a different section. I believe he said its because its rusted.

Ahh, I seen that after I posted my last one lol

1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
when I pull the lever I guess u would call it "teeth" and they don't come out of the holes in the track

Then I would spray down all that linkage. And check to see that none of it has come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor