Bench testing my Regal clock=what wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Wanting to see if the clock works while it's out. I traced the circuit board to wire colors at plug. I got a light blue, an orange, and a gray. I THINK the orange is hot wire and gray is illumination. What the heck is light blue? I figured it would just need a power and ground but the light blue has me stumped. Don't want to screw it up trying to wing it. Can someone help me?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
For the clock only worry about the orange (#40 Feed, Battery-Fused) & obviously a black (#150 Ground Circuit-Direct). That gray (#8 Instrument & Panel Lights) shouldn't be a worry until the dash lights need tackled. The light blue is left turn signals (#14 L.H. Indicator & Front Directional Lamps). I can't remember which episode of Fantom Works it was but they did get a GM dash clock working again with a simple internal clean up, dust & fine dirt is what usally stops them.

Reactions: 1 user

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
One of those lt. blue wires goes to the left front park/turn lamp. Also before it gets there it splices off and changes color to black and goes to the cornering/side marker lamp. The other lt. blue wire goes to the column and into the turn signal switch.

Long story short, that is your left turn signal indicator feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor