Best 9 inch purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

87cutty

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2016
Looking for a 9 inch for my 87 cutlass. I found quick performance, cam performance, amd spraker performance. I know moser sells some but i dont have that kind of money. I was thinking of going with spraker cause they just seem to be more ligit. Quick performance just seems to have too many loop holes. Any help would be appriciated thx

87cutty

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2016
I went over board with getting one (did not need it), as I only having a LT1 with a few upgrades. Also I am still putting my car together and there is a lot of people that use them in their race cars.
Alrighty thx for the insight

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
We have two quick performance rearends in a couple cars. Very well built. Doug is easy to get along with. Loop holes? Do you mean options? All depends on how much horsepower you plan on. 1800 complete 9 inch. Would work for most street cars. We have 2500 in the one in the Nova, but that's a 700+ horsepower car.hasn't broke yet!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I bought a bare Moser housing with axles, then welded on the rear brace, drain plug and fill cap.
I did it this way so i could select the exact parts I wanted in the 9" and be able to shop around for prices instead of buying a complete bolt in rear.
I have heard good things about the Quick Performance rear, basically when I bought mine Currie and Moser were the only well known brands.

87cutty

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2016
I would like to go with moser. I did more research today on them and there is only bout a 100 dollar difference when u tell qp that u want a non-refurbished housing. But i have a sgrange cemter section.... that would still be ok right?

87cutty

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2016
We have two quick performance rearends in a couple cars. Very well built. Doug is easy to get along with. Loop holes? Do you mean options? All depends on how much horsepower you plan on. 1800 complete 9 inch. Would work for most street cars. We have 2500 in the one in the Nova, but that's a 700+ horsepower car.hasn't broke yet!
Yea i dont like all the price adding. If u order a rear from them u have to add stuff amd ends up being 100 dollars more than u seen in the add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor