Best Bang for Your Buck(et seat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kygaca

Apprentice
Jul 3, 2018
Annapolis, MD
Does anyone have factory buckets and could tell me if they are comfortable? Anybody had both by any chance and could give insight? The factory buckets don't look like they have much bolstering but I am not going to the track or anything...

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Does anyone have factory buckets and could tell me if they are comfortable? Anybody had both by any chance and could give insight? The factory buckets don't look like they have much bolstering but I am not going to the track or anything...

The factory seats suck !!
No support,uncomfortable,cheaply made,the seat back sags backward,and it's cheaper to buy new seats than to re-upholster the stock ones.unless maybe you do it yourself.
The Procar seats were one of the better investments that I've made to the Monte,even the wife likes them ;)
Guy

Reactions: 1 user

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland

Depends on what you mean by "factory buckets." The G-Body factory buckets never did much for me. I just installed a set of 1995 Trans-Am factory buckets in Elsie and they have been great for my back. Plus they seem to fit my wide-body better than some of the narrow aftermarket seats.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I had factory buckets, thought they were good until I got the aftermarket seats. No comparison at all. Wanna buy my factory seats? LOL still sitting in my garage. I hate to throw them away.

Reactions: 1 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I had factory buckets, thought they were good until I got the aftermarket seats. No comparison at all. Wanna buy my factory seats? LOL still sitting in my garage. I hate to throw them away.

Mine went straight into the garbage truck,LOL
Guy

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Sadly it seems like the earlier Strato buckets from a 1st or 2nd gen A body is more comfortable than the ones for our cars. Then with them the later ones with sperate headrest are a bit more comfortable than the earlier ones. I'd compair them to the 3rd gen buckets but I never sat in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor