Best budget sound deadening material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've used a product called Bonded Logic. It comes on a roll and is made up of shredded denim with a foil backing. I did the entire inside of the car...roof, floors, cargo area, etc. It was fairly cheap and is a good sound deadener/ insulator. I purchased it from JC Whitney some years back. I don't know if they still carry it or not. Home Depot was another source if I recall..
At the time, it was recommended to me by a fellow member and was not disappointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I've used a product called Bonded Logic. It comes on a roll and is made up of shredded denim with a foil backing. I did the entire inside of the car...roof, floors, cargo area, etc. It was fairly cheap and is a good sound deadener/ insulator. I purchased it from JC Whitney some years back. I don't know if they still carry it or not. Home Depot was another source if I recall..
At the time, it was recommended to me by a fellow member and was not disappointed.

I'm wondering how well it does as a noise deadener, NVH (noise, vibration, harness) reducer, and heat reflector with the aluminum foil

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

I'm wondering how well it does as a noise deadener, NVH (noise, vibration, harness) reducer, and heat reflector with the aluminum foil
I can honestly say, the car is a lot quieter than it was. It's a pretty significant difference.

Reactions: 1 users

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
I have used noico fatmat and killmat before all seem to work about the same. Works best with foam over the top of the mat, think I used one from noico

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Used to hear it get talked about often some years back but not so much lately. Probably has to do with the application process, not the most DIY user friendly of them all. If you have the means to apply it prob works just as good as anything else at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor