Best factory LS accessories for Gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
ok I will be running AC so a passenger side high mount (R4) compressor will be used. I love the factory look and ease of parts chasing if something were to go wrong. I am looking at running truck acc with the 2010 camaro pump and the relocation bracket for the alt idler If the truck intake doesn't clear, If it does then I'm ahead of the game. The set up I have is DBW and want to run the factory harness.

Yeah I think Holley and Dirty Dingo, maybe LSSimple? are the only ones that make the R4 compressor mounts so I assume you are going to be heavily constricted to whatever setup they require you to run to make their bracket kit work.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Great thread and 81cut. Great answer. There is no one answer to this problem.
Engine placement, what accessories, budget and what do you have now? Junkyard stuff is cheap and can be very used, like does a 20 year old ac compressor suit your build?

I can not report since my accessories have not been bolted on and placed in the car yet but my constraints were;
I have an LS with zero parts on it. Not even a balancer. The car is getting AC and forward facing headers to feed a single turbo. Many combinations block that path.

Waiting for the my box from Holley, a complete mid mount kit, including a new compact compressor.

Attachments

• 20-180_front17341.jpg
    20-180_front17341.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: 1 user

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
in one of my G bodys i run EVERYTHING from a 2004 avalanche but the driver side exhaust manifold nothing hits everything fits with stock hood and parts very simple and cheap

drmatera

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2022
Yeah I think Holley and Dirty Dingo, maybe LSSimple? are the only ones that make the R4 compressor mounts so I assume you are going to be heavily constricted to whatever setup they require you to run to make their bracket kit work.
I run the ICT billet pass high mount R4 compressor bracket on my LS swapped K10 with truck accessories and it works great. If the truck stuff fits under the hood that's the direction I'm going.

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Stock truck everything:

4356DBE9-6F57-4F1E-A389-77533B4FE0D2.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor