Best place for a new crossmember for duals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhatter

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 8, 2009
Anyone have any recommendations on where to pick up a new trans crossmember for for running true duals? I was gonna fab the existing one, but decided a new piece would be better.

Thanks

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
alotta ppl hate it, but i have the jegs brand one on my cutlass...it does the job

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
i reccomend the g-force brand, you can find them on summit, i have a g-force and a jegs brand one, i prefer the g-force, if you have a 700r4 i have a jegs brand one i could sell you for cheep and the cost of shipping

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
If you want to slow your car down, get the Segs or Jummit ones.

Don't forget your weight belt during the install, don't want anyone getting a hernia. :lol:

If you want better clearance at a 1/3 the weight try Iceman or TNT.

Iceman has been tested to 10 flat so far. :mrgreen:

madhatter

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 8, 2009
Weight really isn't an issue. This is just a cruiser, probably never see the strip. Adding a small amount to a 3400 lb car isn't gonna kill it. Plus, I don't see it weighing much more than the stocker.

I thought I read on either Summit or Jegs website that their crossmember doesn't work with El Caminos for some reason. Anyone that can confirm this?

Thanks

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
I agree with you, not everyone on here cares about weight. I bought and use a Gforce crossmember and installed it back in 2002 and i love it! It completes my exhaust system and is built well. http://www.crossmembers.com/ you will be happy.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
I believe that iceman still makes his standard weight crossmembers and I think he's cheaper too. Might be worth an e-mail at least.

83montess

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2009
I have purchased some of jegs private brand parts and have been very satisfied and for me to say that it takes quality-but I will say that the jegs 700R4 crossmember is like little league to MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL-Definitely go G-FORCE-THERE IS NO COMPARISON!i dont know or have heard of iceman they may be as good -yet through 4 gs and not one issue my opinion is g-force. Ive used this crossmember with hooker s/c hedman hustlers flowtech a/b- i agree a little heavy-but for the fit and sfiffening up the mid frame section -money well invested..

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
ICEMAN!!! ive met Rick and been to his shop. hes a great guy and fabs nice parts. got one of his old crossmembers under my wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor