Best Service Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I go with my GM service manuals usally first, then my Chilton's I got in '90 when I got my car, after that the Haynes. I'm covered for '64-'88 A/G cars.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The GM manuals will cover everything for the car but the info won't be all is one manual. I have for my '81 the standard service, advance information manual, unit repair manual, the Fisher Body, & the '76-'81 parts list & picture catalogs.
DSCN3152.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

oldscutlasswagon

Apprentice
Dec 13, 2016
Holy cow, there are that many good books on one car/chassis? Wow getting all of them would be quite the investment. The picture helps me while searching for them, thank you.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Holy cow, there are that many good books on one car/chassis? Wow getting all of them would be quite the investment. The picture helps me while searching for them, thank you.
an investment, but well worth it compared to guessing. i would start with a service manual and if not included, an electrical book.

the body manual is just that, a manual for the body shop guys. if covers body panels, gaps, trim, glass, seats, etc.

there is also an assembly manual for some cars. it is a collection of all the assembly procedure paper work with illustrations and part numbers used at all the work stations in the assembly plant.

i was fortunate to score a dealer ordering album that lists all the options available when ordering a new cutlass. this was sweet because my cars are built before rpo stickers became the norm.

Reactions: 1 user

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor