Best spot for water temp gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
image.png
image.png
hey guys since my intake was leaking my dad bought me a new one as a surprise thanks dad but now I was wonder now there is second hole what is the best spot for my mechanical gauge? and does this water gauge the correct range for a small block Chevy?

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
hole #2 is for heater hose nipple. if your not running a heater, then you have choices. factory sender or switch usually was mounted in the cylinder head.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would put the temperature sender in your number 1 spot, it is cleaner route to run a mechanical gauge instead of trying to work around header tubes and flange.
Most aftermarket heads don't even come with a hole for a sender anymore.

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Best spot for a temperature gauge is in the dash or positioned so you don't have to take you eyes off the road....:D

for the sender if possible I would put it in the head

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Nothing wrong with either location. I prefer to put mine in the cylinder head because my 4 corner cooling in my intake leaves me no other provision.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Nothing wrong with either location. I prefer to put mine in the cylinder head because my 4 corner cooling in my intake leaves me no other provision.
I have my rear cooling coming to a plate under the thermostat housing just so I did not have to use the two outlets up top for that.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I have my rear cooling coming to a plate under the thermostat housing just so I did not have to use the two outlets up top for that.
Got a pic? That sounds better to me since I gotta run a sender for my EFI setup and the damn harness won't reach around the cylinder head. If you don't it's cool I think there's a big photo of your engine on the home page lol

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Got a pic? That sounds better to me since I gotta run a sender for my EFI setup and the damn harness won't reach around the cylinder head. If you don't it's cool I think there's a big photo of your engine on the home page lol
My Monte I ran the lines under the runners so you really can't see them but this is for my Regal SBC build with a similar set up but will be going on an RPM intake.
IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1666.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor