Best sub $100 job you did to your GBody

vandyman

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2017
I can get a good large sub for about $10.

Reactions: 1 user

Red78Calais4speed

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
I pulled a transmission cooler from a 1995 Buick Roadmaster from my local salvage yard for $15 and installed it in my 1979 Hurst/Olds. Two of the mounting points of the cooler brackets lined up with pre-existing holes on the radiator support so I only had to make 1 extra hole.

Attachments

• DSCN1622.JPG
    DSCN1622.JPG
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: 6 users

abbey castro

Master Mechanic
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I pulled a transmission cooler from a 1995 Buick Roadmaster from my local salvage yard for $15 and installed it in my 1979 Hurst/Olds. Two of the mounting points of the cooler brackets lined up with pre-existing holes on the radiator support so I only had to make 1 extra hole.
Yards are full of Coolers for trans/oil/power steering. I got an Oil cooler from a Chevy Pickup. Pickups have all sorts of coolers.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

ContactAdmin@GBodyForum.comfor info on becoming a sponsor