Biggest mechanical pet peeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
What's everyone's biggest pet peeve when looking at someone's car? Mine is incorrectly hooked up pcv. You know where they have the pcv valve in one valve cover and then a reg valve cover breather on the other. Irritates the #$%& out of me lol

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
Hard to say since I'm a noob at engine swaps. Odds are I'd be the one that would irritate people. To call myself out and Just looking at my own car I have straight exhaust pipes out the back and they don't come out evenly. Annoys the sh*t out of me but I can't afford to replace them right now and there is plenty of more important stuff to do on the car yet. I also don't have my spark plug wires run neatly, as I haven't found a mounting kit I like.

Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
If you saw the pipes on my dd 97 Monte you'd feel better lol

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
If you saw the pipes on my dd 97 Monte you'd feel better lol

Ugh all you had to say was 97 Monte Carlo. :puke:

No offense if you like the car but my family owned two 90s 2 door luminas. A 95 and 96 both red. I hated both of them. Especially considering they sold their 76 Monte Carlo for the 95.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Mine makes around 350 HP and out corners most "sports" cars lol

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
That's pretty impressive what kind of work did you put into it? I just can't get passed the looks and FWD. I kind of liked the looks of the last generation ones had they been RW or AWD.

But to each his own. Plenty of people think g body's are ugly so somebody has to save those from the salvage yard.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Did a lot of suspension and interior work. Also installed a built high compression intercooled supercharged 3800 with ported heads and headers. Wasn't big on the car myself till I realized how cheap and easy it was to fix and modify and how responsive it was to modifications. Will lay down a low 13 sec et on street tires yet still knock out an average of 30 mpg.....93 octane of course lol

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Parts store dipsticks in older cars that CLEARLY don't fit worth a damn. Worked on this guy's '73 Pontiac Grandville Convertible with a 400 Pontiac, just installing an edelbrock carb (he gave me his qjet, which was perfectly fine, it's also an 800cfm and P/O told him it was a 455, I almost hated to point that out to him), gaudy 28 inch wheels all gouged to hell from rubbing everything, tires all sliced up, drywall screws everywhere, and a stupid steering wheel. It was like a 10" wheel that seemed to be made of fake ivory and had a negative dish, the center was out more than the rim. And he was running the thing on ONE quart of thinned out gassy oil. There was a lifter tap, and that stupid way too long parts store dipstick was HITTING THE CRANK SHAFT going fubudafubudafubudafubudafubuda
ANYWAY, long story short, just stupid senseless mods made by stupid senseless people that make the car harder to drive, harder to work on, and just a pain in general.

• Agree

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
And I never could get into the looks of the 00-07 montes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor