Billet specialties street lite wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Hey guys I have a question is anyone else having problems getting billet specialties wheels from jegs? I just hate the false advertisement Jegs is posting on the shipping date on the wheels, once you pay you’re pretty much screwed. Been waiting on my rear wheels for about a month and half. Just wondering if anyone else having this problem

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
Though I'm not having problems with that specific I am also having problems with Jegs false advertising of shipping dates on products. I purchased a COMP Cams kit for my Olds 350 in mid January and they said I would have it by the end March and here we are with no cam, a lie and a motor sitting at a machine shop.

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Though I'm not having problems with that specific I am also having problems with Jegs false advertising of shipping dates on products. I purchased a COMP Cams kit for my Olds 350 in mid January and they said I would have it by the end March and here we are with no cam, a lie and a motor sitting at a machine shop.
Yea I’ve noticed this a lot from Jegs, and this is something I should’ve did my homework because they we the only dealer that said that it would ship by 4-4 and when you call same old story blaming billet specialties. I’m pretty much done with buying anything else from these guys

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Seems like Jegs has been leaning more to have the inventory being drop shipped than in house. Plus they really make you spend $$$ to get free shipping or to get a pecentage discount.

Reactions: 1 user

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
And look they still have the wheels say they’ll ship tomorrow 🤬

Attachments

• F95BD569-2606-42AA-98C2-8E6C4E1BE422.jpeg
    F95BD569-2606-42AA-98C2-8E6C4E1BE422.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 91

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Jegs is notorious for having out of date inventory on their site and sitting on your money as soon as you place the order but before it ships.

Most distributors like Jegs or Summit won't stock rims or high dollar engine parts that move slow like cylinder heads because they are very custom, take up a lot of room on the shelf and are a lot of inventory dollars on the books. Most are drop shipped and they just offer the storefront. Likely the wheels are built to order from Billet Specialties. My YearOne wheels were drop shipped when I ordered through Jegs.

I know multiple people that have boycotted jegs due to their shipping policies. Summit only bills when the part ships (or historically has).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Not sure if you noticed but everything is in short supply. Chips for cars, building materials and raw materials to make wheels.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
I used to work for a internet part site as a sales rep ( they sold car, truck, and jeep parts). We were not aloud to use the work "Drop Ship" on a call with a customer. We would get written up. We had an unnamed vendor who would build to order, but as soon as they got the order from us the would issue a tracking number, even if the part was 6 months out. Never a good call. It got to the point I would just transfer the call to the supervisor or the issue resolution team. It got to a point where we couldn't transfer calls or reach out directly to issue resolution. Of course this was just great customer service.

• Wow
  • Indifferent
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor