HELP BILSTEIN or KYB G????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigo’s87

Greasemonkey
Aug 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
I know I know... I know this is probably more of a preference/performance. I recently did my suspension all way around except shocks. I installed new shocks about 2 years ago with some “oem” from Oreillys. Now of coarse I want a better product not to mention I installed new shocks to a 2” drop worn suspension. I know this may be old but I just want to hear what works best. Thanks in advance

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Bilsteins are obviously top of the line, can't say I've opened my wallet up for them, but I love the kyb gas a just shocks on the front of my Malibu. Installed them in place of some fairly new monroe sensatracs and what a world of difference. Went from sacked out Cadillac to Corvette.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The KYB Gas-adjusts really firmed up my stock suspension 20 years ago. They had so much pressure in them, they raised the ride height a little.

That said, I have switched to Bilsteins. However, the perpetual rebuild has kept the car off the road so I can’t quote you a performance change.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I still say, KYB's are the best bang for the buck and they outlast Monroes, Gabriels, etc. I have Bilsteins on my Porsche and I love 'em just the same. I had Konis on it previously. I've had KYB's on my wagon for about 30 +yrs. now and still has a great ride and handling.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
The KYB Gas-adjusts really firmed up my stock suspension 20 years ago. They had so much pressure in them, they raised the ride height a little.

That said, I have switched to Bilsteins. However, the perpetual rebuild has kept the car off the road so I can’t quote you a performance change.
Is that right? How much did they raise your height? I was thinking about going with the KYBs, But I don’t want my ride height messed with!

MontesbyE

Greasemonkey
Sep 12, 2020
North Carolina
Bilstein, not saying that KYB is bad. The Bilstein's will outlast the KYB. You get what you pay for really applies when it comes to shocks. Anything is going to give you an improvement over stock for sure, but the cost of the KYB added to the cost of the Bilstein's when the KYBs take a sh*t must be accounted for. Just upgrade the one time and call it a day. Unless you like to do shocks over and over. 💪💪

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor