Blazer brake issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikevar82

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2014
hello all

Ever since I did the blazer swap I have been having an issue where from time to time My brake pedal would go all the way down and come back after Released. Thinking it was air, I bleed the living day lights out of the system with no result. I finally think I found the issue. This only happens when i turn my wheel all the way in either direction. So I believe my brake lines are too short. My lines are stock but I also have bell tech drop spindles. I know this swap has been done a bunch and haven’t seen anyone with the same issue. I would think the drop spindle would have brought the caliper closer to the line making it a lil longer, any other ideas would be appreciated. Does anyone make a little bit longer front brake line?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
<insert buzzer noise> There are a bunch of threads on the 'net about this. The caliper slide bolt will hit the control arm at full lock releasing the caliper pressure on the rotor. Pull the wheel, crank to full lock, identify contact area, clearance with grinder. Repeat, and your problem should be solved. (y)
Should only have to do the rear side of the upper control arm. I needed more on the passenger side than the driver....

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
I've done the same S-10 2WD Blazer spindle and brake swap on my G body, but have UMI tubular upper & lower A Arms.
Car is not back on the road yet....wondering if the UMI tubular A Arms will give me more clearance so this issue can be avoided?
Anyone?

thanks
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor