Blazer Brake Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS Elco

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 3, 2017
I have installed the Blazer spindle/caliper set-up on my 85 Elco and want to know who else has done this and what brake hose did you use? Any pictures of the routing would be appreciated.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I am getting ready to do a Blazer brake upgrade too and read one option for brake hoses is to use 1986 Corvette front hoses.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
I have done the Blazer swap and the answer is there are many hoses that would work. Here is the fine print. I was building my car and had a pair of Viking coil overs waiting to be installed.
The difference here is most of the time these cars are on jack stands with a coil spring pushing the lower control arm against the top bump stop. Suspension drooped. So a random hose gets installed and you sweep the steering from left to right. Hose looks good and you call it done.

With my car having no spring. I was able to FULL cycle the suspension Up, Down, steer full left and full right and every combination in between.
There was not one G body, Blazer, G body hose bracket or Blazer hose bracket that will work in all scenarios. The fact is most cars will never seen full suspension compression and full steering at the same time but I wanted a hose/bracket combination that would work in all situations, just like an OEM car.

You can read my thread. There is many replies and of hopes and thanks but in the end there was braided lines running pointing forward with new brackets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor