Blazer brakes dust shield and hose questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Went to the pick and pull yesterday, got my calipers of a 4wd blazer, with brackets they cost me a whopping $22 bucks. I didn't bring a socket to get the hub nut off, so no dust shields. Rockauto lists the dust shields for $33 bucks apiece, Mr. Cheap will be revisiting the boneyard for the dust shields today.

Not sure how viable junkyard dust shields will be in my area. The dust shields on my 02 Ranger are nearly completely rusted away, and every bolt was frozen when I had to replace an ABS sensor on it.

As for brake hoses, I am thinking of going with 86 Corvette hoses which have angled heads for a more gentle s bend.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Pretty fortunate out west you can actually unbolt things from older vehicles. When I moved out here from Long Island I was amazed that you could actually unbolt exhaust components from an older car. Whenever I visit home I'm blown away that 7 or 8 year old cars are rustbuckets or are blowing brake lines.

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Pretty fortunate out west you can actually unbolt things from older vehicles. When I moved out here from Long Island I was amazed that you could actually unbolt exhaust components from an older car. Whenever I visit home I'm blown away that 7 or 8 year old cars are rustbuckets or are blowing brake lines.

Last time I was in CA, it was weird seeing beat up work vans with clean rockers. Over on thd Crown Vic forums, they highly recommend spraying your underbody with oil, either lanolin oil like Fluid Film or chain bar oil, combined with mud flaps and frequent car washing in the winter and early spring.

Hi-Fi

Apprentice
Oct 14, 2016
I have a few questions regarding Blazer brakes. The set I bought does not have dust shields, I suppose these act as spacers for the hub bearings, and need either a complete shield or delete shims. I am planing just using the stock size Blazer rotors and calipers with my 15 inch T type rims. Should the Blazer shield be able to fit 15 inch rims of should I go with delete shims?

As for hoses, I am really confused. Seems everybody has done it differently. Some guys say you just need s SAE to metric line adaptor. Other guys say G body hoses fit, and others say to use Corvette hoses.

I use the shields with my Cragar 15" wheels and they fit just fine. I would definitely run shields, they're worth the price.

I am also using brake hoses off a 2000 Blazer RWD, which required relocating the mounting tab the holds the hose/line. They parts computer at Oreilly's showed two different hoses that used different thread types. I had them order both and just returned the ones I didn't use. I believe I used the 3/8" ones, but I don't recall on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor