Blazer spindle Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
I been looking at this off and on and after reading the G performance upgrade book I have a question to those who have done it.

My question is does this swap actually widen the stance on the front? Meaning is the mounting surface farther out from the frame or the same? Not a fan of bearing hub systems, but with limited mileage if it widened the mount surface point it might be worth looking into.

This aspect of the swap is of interest to me, not the actual brake part of this swap. My brakes are the HydroBoost system and I already have 4 wheel disc brakes so I have not experienced brake issues as the vacuum system disc/drum systems have.

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
the gm blazer spindles do not change the track width. if you buy the belltech blazer drop spindles it will make the track width wider by approx. 3/8"-1/2" per side. the unitized bearing actually hold up quite well. I got over 120,000 miles out of the front bearings on my 02 blazer xtreme.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
81msw79 said:
the gm blazer spindles do not change the track width. if you buy the belltech blazer drop spindles it will make the track width wider by approx. 3/8"-1/2" per side. the unitized bearing actually hold up quite well. I got over 120,000 miles out of the front bearings on my 02 blazer xtreme.

Thanks. Sadly I do not need any drop just that 1/2 would be perfect.

I have had one of those bearings come apart and the entire wheel assembly came off the truck, not a fun event... Kinda changes my view of them.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I also have had one come apart...BUT it was also due to lack of inspecting it.. :shock: But one thing that did convince me on using them on my swap was that the OG spindle "knub" is eliminated especially when using rims that use certain center caps.... I pulled mine from junkyard, checked for play and ran them :mrgreen: I know i'm cheap!! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor