Bleeder screw sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naminator

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2020
I have found a bunch of "options" for the bleeder screws. I want to have it 1 and done. I have a 1978 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ with disc fronts, drum rears. The front driver hard line from the distribution block (or whatever) blew out, thankfully in the drive way, and I went through the absolutely most enjoyable time removing the fitting, which I stripped instantly, bending a new hard line and putting it in. Went to bleed the brakes and despite hitting the bleeder screw multiple times with a variety of penetrating oils, it stripped then finally sheared off. I am going to get it out somehow, but I obviously need a new front bleeder, and since the reservoir appears to have the original fluid, I am flushing the system, so I need the two rear bleeders and the fronts.

What size/part/whatever are the front caliper and rear wheel cylinder bleeders? Any recommendation on brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor