Blower motor not blowing on high speed???

Status
Not open for further replies.

craignunez

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2016
South Florida
Blower motor doesn’t blow on high speed? Replaced a/c selector switch, resistor,motor I’m lost any help would be appreciated FYI if I run power straight from battery it will blow on high??

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Blower motor doesn’t blow on high speed? Replaced a/c selector switch, resistor,motor I’m lost any help would be appreciated FYI if I run power straight from battery it will blow on high??
With 12 volts connected directly to the blower motor it will run at it fastest rate as long as the ground is good. You'll want a fuse and a toggle switch in-line with the 12 volts, so that you can disable when not in use.

here are a few diagrams for the gbody if you need them:
http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring.html

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
full speed is full 12v battery power. follow the thick red wire coming from near the box.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Take a look at a connection that is on the passenger side close to the front of the engine. If that connection or the wiring has fallen onto the exhaust manifold or headers the red power wires for the fan may be burnt or the connection itself may be fried.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
As said, look for the big red burnt wire.

• Agree

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Take a look at a connection that is on the passenger side close to the front of the engine. If that connection or the wiring has fallen onto the exhaust manifold or headers the red power wires for the fan may be burnt or the connection itself may be fried.
I've actually seen that connector unconnected on many G-body's over the years. I don't exactly know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor