Blower motor resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron chickadel

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2016
millsboro,de
trying to find a 5 pin blower motor resistor for a 74 luxury lemans ! tried part stores in my area , they find a part # and its a 4 wire . have a parts store manager looking now because he remembers getting one for an older pont but doesn,t remember where . any help would be appreciated . have tried lots of the online stores . thanks ron

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you can't find one you may be able to repair the one you having using pasts from a 4 pin. I have usually found the coils rusted out. You could unsolder the coil from a 4 pin and use it to replace the rotten one if that is the case.

ron chickadel

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2016
millsboro,de
my brother gonna try this morning about getting that . thanks. i,ll post it if he does. also carlisle spring show is this weekend and gonna look there also. he,s gotta a shopping for both our lemans.thanks for info

ron chickadel

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2016
millsboro,de
If you can't find one you may be able to repair the one you having using pasts from a 4 pin. I have usually found the coils rusted out. You could unsolder the coil from a 4 pin and use it to replace the rotten one if that is the case.
checked thoroughly,look good. not sure about thermo resistor ? was thing along you idea about replacing the whole thing but not sure where i would run the thick blk wire to. it plugs in on therm post and runs back to relay. on a 78-79 that wire plugs into motor. just thinking. . my brother is going spring carlisle show tomorrow. and gonna look for a replacement. thanks very much for response, ron

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I wasn't thinking to replace the 5 pin with a 4 pin, just use parts from a 4 pin. If you brother can't find a 5 pin fan resistor if you can figure out the value of the resistor you can replace that.I hate throwing out a whole unit for a part that failed that costs less than a $1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor