Blower motor wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
looking to get at least the defrost function working in my 80 cutlass and trying to sort out the wiring .if you look at this pic the red wire going to the high speed relay has been cut .Before my engine swap it was this same way and i had a/c and heat on all fan settings. i tried putting 12 volts directly to that red wire but no power to the blower.I did hook up the blower direct and it does work .i must be missing something simple? is it possible the previous owner had it working a different way?
daSr%MbRT2+5TnZG7P5JrQ.jpg

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
If you look at the connecter on the right the red wire was cut out. Very common as it was poor design. Check to see if you have current to the red wire at the relay on the lower left

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
There is a heavier wire in the harness near the starter that was cut as well . The motor is out right now . Where else would be power Be coming Into the relay ? Orange wire ? I guess I’ll have to wait until things get hooked back up to try it .

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
Thanks for the help looks like a little testing will get me going

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor