Blower motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
What’s a good blower motor for our gbody that blows stronger . I feel like I should be getting more air out of my vents

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think we had this discussion not too long ago. I believe the conclusion we came to was about using a different type of blower fan. A metal fan if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure someone will chime in and refresh our memories. I would be interested in a better blower fan myself. I always figured there would be a more efficient fan from a later GM product.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
this's a common complaint actually.a lot of folks have had good luck using this wheel with the stock motor.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
this's a common complaint actually.a lot of folks have had good luck using this wheel with the stock motor.
Chris,
Have you used this particular fan and if so, do you actually find it to blow more efficiently? You're right though. It seems like these blowers motor are inherently insufficient from the get-go. You're always looking to increase the blower speed and strength.

Last edited:

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Chris,
Have you used this particular fan and if so, do you actually find it to blow more efficiently? You're right though. It seems like these blowers motor are inherently insufficient from the get-go. You're always looking to increase the blower speed and strength.
I am,switched it last summer and from what i can remember it sounded different from the plastic to the aluminum fan.it's diffrent compared to the stocker,the shape and fin design etc.it attaches via set screw vs the oe one that is held inplace by a nut on the threaded shaft.it's not a big deal you just gotta index it correctly that doesn't rub the very bottom of the box.i wish i could speak to it's efficiently though but i can't recall.it was nite/day for Mr Turna though.

Last edited:

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
I am,switched it last summer and from what i can remember it sounded different from the plastic to the aluminum fan.it's diffrent compared to the stocker,the shape and fin design etc.it attaches via set screw vs the oe one that is held inplace by a nut on the threaded shaft.it's not a big deal you just gotta index it correctly that doesn't rub the very bottom of the box.i wish i could speak to it's efficiently though but i can't recall.it was nite/day for Mr Turna though.
Do u have a link?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If your a/c box isn't well sealed at the evap lines, it will blow out under the hood...a LOT

On my second Malibu, I resealed all the ductwork when I had the dash out, and eliminated all the leaks under the hood. It was a lot better, was really only weak at idle.

A better wheel would definitely be a plus though

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
If your a/c box isn't well sealed at the evap lines, it will blow out under the hood...a LOT

On my second Malibu, I resealed all the ductwork when I had the dash out, and eliminated all the leaks under the hood. It was a lot better, was really only weak at idle.

A better wheel would definitely be a plus though
It does have crack in the insulation around evap core I’m going try to seal it up which blows out a lot of air

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor