blown trannys

Status
Not open for further replies.

69wag

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2017
hi all, I am looking for a shop (preferably in BC) that can build a 200r4 transmission to handle upwards of 550 hp. I've gone through 5 rebuilds and am getting tired of changing them out. can anyone steer me in the right direction. going stateside is not a route I want to take. Are there any distributors in BC or Canada for that matter, selling for art carr, Janis, ck, etc. thanks Pete

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I understand there is a guy on the island that the GN and Turbo Regal guys have much faith in but I don't have his info. Maybe try the BC G body Facebook page or VI muscle car page to seek him out?

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
If built right they can handle a lot of power but comes with a hefty price tag - have you thought of a th400

69wag

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2017
thanks guys, no I haven't thought about the turbo 400. Is it a tough swap? I was figuring on 4 to 5 thou Canadian for a good built 200r4. Am I in the ballpark?

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I would guess it depends on your goals and usage for the car. TH400 is a pretty common and easy swap assuming its either a Chev or BOP engine.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I put a TH400 in my Turbo Buick and it was pretty straight forward. But, between the conversion driveshaft, modified shifter gate, wiring in a switch to trigger the ECM to let it know it is in 3rd gear, etc it took a lot of time and research. But, hey at least the trans mount and cross member didn't require modification, right?

I am going to be into the fully built 4L70E in our TBSS for about $6K Canadian before factoring in the converter; that'll take it up to around $7.5K. That is billet input shafts and other specialized high dollar internals. The 200-4R is going to be just as bad, if not worse.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Could you please change the title of this thread? It gives me the heeby-jeebies!

Don't judge. People in BC make some interesting life choices. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor