Blue dash guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swindells

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2019
Has anyone in here changed the colour of their dash before?
If so how did you go about doing so?

I know it can be painted/dyed but it’s hard to find any videos or anything online

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
So it's going to be black and gray no blue?
Yeah, I cant find a way to incorporate the blue dash with a more modern color theme so Im getting rid of it completely. Looking at a lot of cars (all years makes and models) I think a black dash will work out fine. The onyx grey is a little too dark to break it up tho.

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Where you order dash? Link?

I know it can be painted/dyed but it’s hard to find any videos or anything online
Dixie Restoration sells the dash covers and they actually paint them in house to order with SEM, or you can order black and paint yourself. It's like $37 a can and the only reason to go with SEM is if you want a GM year specific color, otherwise you can go with whatever plastic paint you like.

They have install/paint instructions on their site and also on YT

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So is there something wrong with your dash and if not why not just paint that one?

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
So is there something wrong with your dash and if not why not just paint that one?
Yeah it's all cracked up. I think that is common and would be difficult to find an original survivor (mine is 44 yrs old)

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY

Look on the first page. The gray dash in my comment was tan when I got it.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
My Monte's dash was gray and I painted it black using SEM landau black, I used the same prep as any of the other plastic interior pieces I painted

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor