HELP BMR VS UMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypn0tic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2018
Iam sure this topic has been covered across many forum's, but i would just like to get some opinions on whats the best bang for you buck here. Considering iam having a hard time deciding between these two suspension companies, simply because the reviews i have read are very positive between the two.. Id like to get some real life feed back from people who have actually used these products (specifically with g body). Iam looking at the stage 2 suspension kits. These cover (correct me if iam wrong) every part of the suspension components, but the price difference is about $900 between the two. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20181202_111333_209.jpg
    IMG_20181202_111333_209.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 186

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Thanks Hypn0tic for mentioning UMI.

I took a look at BMR's kit. Some of the price difference is in the shocks (our UMI shocks are UMI Afco monotubes custom valved for that platform). And in the springs - our springs are literally wound by a premier spring manufacturer for the Monster Energy Series (Daytona 500 springs on Monday, UMI springs on Tuesday type of thing).

We are actually friends with BMR but of course I think UMI is absolutely top notch in materials, quality and value. Plus we street drive, race, race, street drive and race some more in the Green Machine and have these kits very fine tuned. I'm happy to discuss anything about these kits.

[email protected]

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Hypn0tic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2018
Thanks Hypn0tic for mentioning UMI.

I took a look at BMR's kit. Some of the price difference is in the shocks (our UMI shocks are UMI Afco monotubes custom valved for that platform). And in the springs - our springs are literally wound by a premier spring manufacturer for the Monster Energy Series (Daytona 500 springs on Monday, UMI springs on Tuesday type of thing).

We are actually friends with BMR but of course I think UMI is absolutely top notch in materials, quality and value. Plus we street drive, race, race, street drive and race some more in the Green Machine and have these kits very fine tuned. I'm happy to discuss anything about these kits.

[email protected]
Thank you very much. I shall email you with some questions i have about the kit.

BMR Suspension

G-Body Guru
Aug 2, 2012
Tampa FL
, I think BMR is a reseller of parts

That would be Incorrect - we manufacture all of our Parts. We have Two Buildings encompassing 180,000SF and we just bought a Laser Cutting Business that we will incorporate into the BMR building.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: 8 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That would be Incorrect - we manufacture all of our Parts. We have Two Buildings encompassing 180,000SF and we just bought a Laser Cutting Business that we will incorporate into the BMR building.

sorry about that, I looked at your website and didn't find any manufacturing plants mentioned, maybe I missed them. I go out my way to support companies who manufacture their parts in the US or Canada so I'm glad to know that you do.

Reactions: 4 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I purchased my Stage 4 kit from UMI. I spent a good half hour on the phone with them, talked cars, info on the green machine, bounced ideas off them and got really good advice for my build. They threw in a few extras, worked me a sweet deal on shipping to Canada and gave me an invitation to come race any time I'm "in the neighborhood".

That side alone was pretty much a win in my books, but the quality of the products are top notch to boot. Fit was great and the finish of the parts is beautiful.

I haven't done business with BMR yet but I can say my experience with UMI was pretty much perfect. My $0.02.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor