Body bushings differences (Regal/Monte/Cutlass)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm curious how guys without a 2 post lift are getting the body up high enough to get between and make the repairs?

Reactions: 1 user

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
I'm curious how guys without a 2 post lift are getting the body up high enough to get between and make the repairs?
Jack stands and a jack with a home made body lift tool. One side at a time.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I just put the car on jackstands and then used a floor jack with a 2x4 that extends the length of the rocker seam and lifted the body with my floor jack. It only needs to go up 2" or so to wiggle the bushing out.

Ditto on new bushings making it better. Even if you're aiming for super plush ride the OEM bushings have sagged on even a zero mile car and new poly will support the body better. The #2 bushing on both my 2+2 and Cutlass were very compacted and deteriorated.

Make sure you order a new bolt kit also. Having all the bolts not break is like winning the lottery.

Reactions: 3 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I just put the car on jackstands and then used a floor jack with a 2x4 that extends the length of the rocker seam and lifted the body with my floor jack. It only needs to go up 2" or so to wiggle the bushing out.

Ditto on new bushings making it better. Even if you're aiming for super plush ride the OEM bushings have sagged on even a zero mile car and new poly will support the body better. The #2 bushing on both my 2+2 and Cutlass were very compacted and deteriorated.

Make sure you order a new bolt kit also. Having all the bolts not break is like winning the lottery.

I did the same thing.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland

Hutch

Reactions: 2 users

cannoncart

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 9, 2022
Looks like I missed some of the conversation here. But... I finally did it hahaha. My goodness I'm slow.

My kit from energy suspension was what I needed, has both sets of bushings (top bottoms) plus the #5 bushings were added for the first time on the car.

I initially lifted the body and supported it with some wood on top of the frame. I lifted the frame and used 3 ton jack stands under the body at one of the lowest settings when I had the bushings on the frame railings. In order to keep things lined up, I used a bunch of 100mm m10 bolts in the holes since you need it to line up with the washer on the bottom of the body. Kit ended up working out nicely. We'll see how it rides in some time.

Attachments

• Fat9wLtVQAAJKat (1).jpeg
    Fat9wLtVQAAJKat (1).jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor