81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I would go with poly body mount bushings.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
They're 1" high, hard rubber and CHEEEEEEEAP!

I get that much, I've used one for years on my jack with the Z06. I'm just not sure how that compares to stock thickness and transmission tunnel clearances?

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Im pretty sure the rubber kit doesnt come with the core support bushings. The prothane poly set comes with all of them.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I would go with poly body mount bushings.

Curious if you have experience between the two kits?

I try to avoid NVH as much as possible and I figure the rubber bushings lasted 30 years I'd rather dampen some of the harshness if possible.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Curious if you have experience between the two kits?

I try to avoid NVH as much as possible and I figure the rubber bushings lasted 30 years I'd rather dampen some of the harshness if possible.

My only experiences are with poly body mount bushings and the old stock rubber bushings. The stock rubber body bushing are a deeply flawed design. They have these sheetmetal insert molded into them for reinforcement. However, these inserts tend to rust out leaving the bushing hollow plus they can also rust out the mounting hole in the frame. The Prothane poly bushings lack inserts so there is nothing to rust out. Also since the frame is as rigid as a wet noddle, it requires the body to help stiffen it and using firmer body bushings can really help firm up the body / frame structure.

Also I would not use Hockey pucks as they commonly crack when used for bushing as they are brittle. The harder something is, the more brittle it is.

1608577723917.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor