BODY HARDWARE INFO NEEDED ASAP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Guys, I need some help. Gonna start bolting my 87 cutlass back together tomorrow to prep for paint. I have hunted through bags and bags of hardware to be ready, but I'm in search of the following:
-Screw size and style for decklid filler panel...i know they are sheet metal style but it's been several years since removed and can't find the hardware.
-if memory serves me right, the outer fender sits on top of the inner fender along the wheel arch correct??? The bolts go through the inner fender into the clips installed on the outer fender i believe.

I might have more questions after tomorrow, geesh this is when restoring a car gets sketchy after years of being apart!
Thanks in advance.

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Pm sent

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Putting it together, huh? Hell yeah man! Good luck. I hope you figure out the fastener problem. I can look at my car later for reference if you need me to. Sorry I can't help right now. I'm at work.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Putting it together, huh? Hell yeah man! Good luck. I hope you figure out the fastener problem. I can look at my car later for reference if you need me to. Sorry I can't help right now. I'm at work.
Yeah buddy, workin in it now! No biggie, i will post up some pics on my thread later hopefully.

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Alright guys, back at getting my noodle settled down here. Anybody have an idea of what screws were used for the drip rail trim, window channel moulding screws, and b pillar jamb trim. When bagging and tagging....my dumbass labeled bags "driver side interior screws, pass side interior screws". Dont have them with me right now but i wanna make sure i have all this hardware sitting and ready when its time for legit final assembly.
Thanks.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I found these on fleabay....can anyone tell me if these are correct for our cars. They are the roof rail weatherstrip channel screws. Comes in a set of 24. I don't recall what the oem ones look like.
Also, the door weatherstrip has a spot for 3 screws at the top front of door, and 3 at the rear top of door. Help is appreciated as i want to have this stuff ready to avoid delays. Thanks again.
Screenshot_20161128-074333.png

malibuya

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2011
Rear deck fill is 7mm screws that should have a plastic washer on them if you had vinyl top
Post pic of what area on car I can look on mine only thing I may differ
Is ttop

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Rear deck fill is 7mm screws that should have a plastic washer on them if you had vinyl top
Post pic of what area on car I can look on mine only thing I may differ
Is ttop
Much appreciated man. I'm pretty sure I've acquired almost all the hardware i need, except forthe rear deck filler panel. My car was factory hardtop that had a dealer installed vinyl top....I've went back to the hardtop. I got the roof rail screws as in the pic above, as well as the drip rail trim screws.

20170118_220801.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor