Body Mount Bushing Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
Hello,
Back in 2015 I ordered a DM94017 kit (78-88 14-Point Body Bushing Hardware (w/ radiator support)) from Dixie Restoration for my 1979 Monte Carlo. Got it all installed. I was under the car 2 weeks ago. I noticed I was missing the #3 bolt and the whatever goes on the underside.

This is the one just behind the transmission cross member on the passenger side.

Is it just a washer and bolt here? Or is there more than that?

Thanks,
Russ

Body Bushing.jpg

bushings.gif

black_aerocoupe

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
I can't speak to your '79, but GM did some odd cushion deletes on some models for ride / vibration / harshness.

However, the big losers on bushings tended to be some 80s Regals. Those guys love adding the missing ones. So I would check the other side for reference and try to replace it.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I can't speak to your '79, but GM did some odd cushion deletes on some models for ride / vibration / harshness.

However, the big losers on bushings tended to be some 80s Regals. Those guys love adding the missing ones. So I would check the other side for reference and try to replace it.

All 80's Regals, including the GNs had missing lower bushings. Only the GNXs got the full set of body bushings. Having said that, you should have a full set of bushings. Looks like when your bolt fell out, you lost he lower bushing too.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
All 80's Regals, including the GNs had missing lower bushings. Only the GNXs got the full set of body bushings. Having said that, you should have a full set of bushings. Looks like when your bolt fell out, you lost he lower bushing too.
The guys from Dixie thought they might have the bushing and whatnot. They said they've been swamped and would get back to me in a day or so.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor