Body mount complete kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
I don't want to be beating a dead horse here, or asking a question that has been asked repeatedly. But somehow waiting for some bodyfill to dry I got bored and pulled my bumper, then removed all my body mount bolts...

Now I need new body mounts. And I'd like the most complete set possible... Not the most complete kit. The most complete set. Even if I need to buy two aftermarket kits and some random bolts and washers from the hardware store, that's what I want to do. LOL

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
  • Agree
Reactions: 8 users

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
That's the kit I used. Would be nice if it included new bolts too.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
I’d go with the kit Energy Suspension sells, even includes the dummy bushings that go near the shock mounts in the rear. Unless you want rubber.

Just installed that kit this last weekend. Used the body mount bolt kit from Mikes Montes too. Everything worked as it should.

Reactions: 7 users

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
Nice. Thank you all. Yeah the energy suspension kit was the one I was looking at but wasn't sure if it included the #3 and the dummy bushings.

I'm reusing most of my bolts there's only two with any rust on them the rest spun right out.

My car doesn't have a #3 bushing. Anything I need to modify to install that?

Reactions: 1 user

Pc3

Master Mechanic
Nov 17, 2019
I don't want to be beating a dead horse here, or asking a question that has been asked repeatedly. But somehow waiting for some bodyfill to dry I got bored and pulled my bumper, then removed all my body mount bolts...

Now I need new body mounts. And I'd like the most complete set possible... Not the most complete kit. The most complete set. Even if I need to buy two aftermarket kits and some random bolts and washers from the hardware store, that's what I want to do. LOL
I purched these when I did a partial was happy with price and product
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=223876021422

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Nice. Thank you all. Yeah the energy suspension kit was the one I was looking at but wasn't sure if it included the #3 and the dummy bushings.

I'm reusing most of my bolts there's only two with any rust on them the rest spun right out.

not unusual for these cars to be missing a body bushing from factory. You won't need to modify anything to put one in

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco

You could modify (shorten) one of the crush sleeves that comes in the bushing kit. I just used the bushings and washers on mine.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor