Body mounted Directly to Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
I’ve ordered from SC&C twice - 2017 and 2018. One shipped quickly and the other took months with a number of follow-ups. Mark was very knowledgeable and never pushed a sale, but after reading some threads it sounds like that’s been his MO.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I’ve ordered from SC&C twice - 2017 and 2018. One shipped quickly and the other took months with a number of follow-ups. Mark was very knowledgeable and never pushed a sale, but after reading some threads it sounds like that’s been his MO.
I've heard nothing but positive things until I stumbled on that horror story.

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
I wouldn’t call my experience bad but it was a bit of a hassle. It was pricey custom stuff, and I figured the delays were because of the custom nature. Reading the threads makes me wonder if it was more of a cash flow issue or just plan disorganization.

• Agree

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
The aluminum spacers or copy of set from the aluminum or polyurethane to nylon or delerin.

Solid is the way to go for performance. This is why full frame cars are not made anymore. It's an ancient way to do things. Then we add 100lbs of metal to stiffen it when there is a body sitting on top that can be used.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The aluminum spacers or copy of set from the aluminum or polyurethane to nylon or delerin.

Solid is the way to go for performance. This is why full frame cars are not made anymore. It's an ancient way to do things. Then we add 100lbs of metal to stiffen it when there is a body sitting on top that can be used.

GM designers already did use the body on top to reinforce and stiffen the frame as nearly all body on frame vehicles do. Its why front fender and rear seat braces help stiffen up G bodies. The problem is both are made of thin gauge, heavy and weak mild steel. Modern cars use high strength low alloy steel, it can be thinner gauge yet stronger than mild steel, through harder to weld correctly. Furthermore, GM downsized G bodies in the 80's to use even thinner gauge then in the 70's and deleting factory bracing. Plus some G bodies even had deleted body bushings such as nearly all Regals including GNs.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor