Body Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you compare the ride with new rubber bushings compared to the polyurethane bushings you probably would not notice a difference. New rubber bushings are almost as firm as the polyurethane, the difference is the polyurethane lasts forever unlike the rubber which will gradually break down. If you compare new rubber bushings or polyurethane bushings to 30 year old rubber bushing both types of new bushing would feel rigid.

The other issue with the rubber bushings if you found old new stock rubber has a self life expectancy which has expired years ago and I doubt if you found new rubber bushings the quality of that rubber would not be a high as the original bushings.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

DJHull

Master Mechanic
Apr 28, 2015
Lansing, Mi
My Cutlass is still in the garage for a motor and Trans swap. I like the thought of forever as I am 52 so I don't need forever?? Can't wait to get the car done and on the road. I will report back in a year or two when it is done.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
IMO? So you prefer them over the standard rubber bushing?
They are certainly flrmer than the ones they replaced,but the original ones were pretty worn out.I guess that I can’t really make an accurate comparison to what new rubber ones would feel like,but I do like the performance and longevity aspect of the poly bushings.
Guy

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor